Yes. Clearpay is part of the Afterpay Touch Group, which is Level 1 certified by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). So your card details and personal information is always safe when you shop with Clearpay.How to sign up for Clearpay?
You must be at least 18 years old and shop with a retailer that offers Clearpay to sign up for an account and a UK resident.
- Have access to a valid, verifiable email address and phone number
- Have a UK bank account
When shopping with us, you will see Clearpay listed as a payment option at the checkout. Click Clearpay and complete the short application on the next page. You’ll know instantly if you’re approved to use the service.
Where do I go to manage my payments?
Log in to your online Clearpay account to view your repayment schedule.
When will I get my item?
Clearpay orders are delivered within our standard delivery timeframes like any normal order from relaxwithwax.co.uk
When will my first payment be taken?
The first of your four payments is due immediately when you confirm your order. The other three payments are due two weeks apart after that date.There are no fees involved when using Clearpay unless a payment is missed.
Yes. Clearpay does not charge interest for its finance, meaning that what you agree to pay at the point of purchase with the retailer is the exact amount that you will be paying via Clearpay – the transaction is just split over 4 separate interest-free payments.
There are no fees involved when using Clearpay unless a payment is missed.
Is there a limit?
Yes. All Clearpay customers are given a credit limit. This limit is initially set relatively low (remember, Clearpay doesn’t check your credit score, so it has no idea how responsible, or irresponsible, you are with your money) but it can be quickly built up by making payments in full and on time.
If your Clearpay credit limit is not enough to cover the cost of your purchase, you will be charged a larger amount at the point of sale – whatever is available on your limit will still be split and paid over the next 4 weeks.
Having trouble paying with Clearpay?
If you have any trouble placing an order with Clearpay, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- Clearpay may have rejected your application to pay on account. We'd recommend choosing another type of payment or placing an order for a smaller amount.
- Clearpay may not have been able to check your details using the billing address that you've provided. You'll need to make sure that your billing address is the same address that your bank/credit cards are registered to.
- You may have outstanding payments on previous Clearpay statements. Once these are paid off, try Clearpay again. If you've recently paid off outstanding statements, please allow 24 hours before trying to pay through Clearpay again.
- You may have missed a required field at the checkout, such as filling in your Date of Birth.
- If you haven't used Clearpay before and you're shipping to a different address to your billing address, the payment may be declined.